2-Peggy Guggenheim Collection
2-Peggy Guggenheim Collection, located in her former home Palazzo Venier dei Leoni; an unfinished 18th century Palace in Venice. Situated on the Grand Canal, between the Accademia and the Basilica della Salute.
Explore one of Europe’s most respected modern art museums and most important cultural attractions in Venice.
- See famous works by Picasso, Magritte, Pollock and Calder
- Visit the temporary exhibitions alongside the permanent collections
- Relax in the famous and wonderful sculpture garden by the side of the Grand Canal. See Peggy and her dog’s burial place. Visit the modern café/restaurant.
- I have three great posts on Peggy Guggenheim, linked below; therefore I have kept the descriptive text to a minimum in this post.
- American and European Contemporary Art.
- Dorsoduro district.
- Suggested duration: 2-3 hours
- Vaporetto stops: Salute or Accademia.
TOP 25 MUSEUMS. Select your museum and click on the link below:
2 – Peggy Guggenheim Collection (not linked)
LINKS (internal – external)
Opening hours – Visit us safely – Tickets – Getting here – What’s on today – Tours – Services -Shopping & Dining – FAQ
To widen your experience and enjoyment before visiting, please see my comprehensive and illustrated posts below:
Peggy Guggenheim in Venice an introduction to the Guggenheim Foundation, the Guggenheim Collection and the Life of Peggy Guggenheim:
Peggy Guggenheim: The Last Dogaressa an exhibition held at the Guggenheim Venice, that ran between September 2019 and January 2020
2-Peggy Guggenheim Collection 2-Peggy Guggenheim Collection 2-Peggy Guggenheim Collection